Tuesday 1 November 2011

National symbols of Scotland

The Scottish Flag

The Scottish flag is the cross of St. Andrew, also known as the Saltire. It is said to be one of the oldest national flags of any country, dating back at least to the 12th century.

The Royal Flag of  Scotland

There is a second flag which is associated with Scotland, the "Rampant Lion", or Royal Flag of Scotland. Although based on an older Scottish flag than the St. Andrew's Cross, it should, strictly speaking, now only be used by the monarch in relation to her capacity as Queen in Scotland¹. However, it is widely used as a second national flag.

THE SCOTTISH NATIONAL ANTHEM
http://www.know-britain.com/songs/flower_of_scotland.html



Scottish Thistle - National Emblem of Scotland


2 comments:

  1. This information about national symbols of Scotland really great!I found something new for myself!
    Thank's a lot
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your blog very much. There are a lot of intresting information here. But this publication really suprised me. I learned somethig new about national symbols of Scotland and also, I liked THE SCOTTISH NATIONAL ANTHEM, it is really great, I allways wanted to hear it. Thank you, for this information! I hope you will continue writing such great articles!

    ReplyDelete